I’ve been “tagged” by the very talented Austin photographer Jennifer Nichols to list 8 interesting facts about myself – where do I start – or more importantly, where do I end:
1. My wife and I share the same 1st name – I’m Andy, she’s Andi – We met at San Diego State and she thought my name was Jim when we 1st met – go figure.
2. We have 4 children. You can see them all on the blog somewhere. None are Andy(i) – Brent (10), Aaron (7), Erika (16 going on 3), and Emma (10 months). They are all amazing and fun and . . . I can’t wait for school to start back up:)
3. As a family, we have lived in San Diego, North Dakota (both boys were born in Grand Forks, and we were part of the 1997 flooding of Grand Forks), Minnesota (for 3 months), Virginia – just outside of DC and Austin.
4. The first camera I used was a Nikon EM – it was the worst camera Nikon ever made but I thought it was cool. It was my older brother’s (14 mo older) and I used to steal it until I got my own Cannon AE-1 for Christmas during my frosh year in high school. I started shooting in H.S. because it was an easy way to talk to girls. My bro and I talked our parents into putting a darkroom in our house – how cool is that.
5. We are the ultimate road triping family and have visited 44+ states in our van. Brent and Aaron, our two oldest boys, have both been to 40+ states. With both boys, we once traveled over 1200 miles in a day – ouch! Runs in the family – the kids grandpa and grandby own a 36ft mobile home and spend a good deal of the year on the road.
6. In my previous life I taught high school world history and coached high school and college wrestling (go Sioux – University of North Dakota) I’ll be happy to take care of your wedding crashers if you would like:)
7. My wife and I got married in small town MN (she is a farm girl from Thief River Falls, that is were we were married – find that on a map) Our reception, out at the “Country Club” cost 500.00 to rent the facillity and since we did not trash the joint, her dad got all the money back:) We have been married for 14 years and together for 18.
8. I make a mean guacamole dip and cheese enchilada. Drop me a line I’ll be happy to have you over for dinner:)